Deadline is a traditional blog/magazine theme with focus on content and readability, with an intuitive design and two-column layout.
The Front Page provides the ability to highlight your main posts as well as feature up to 5 different post categories.
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How to setup the front page like the demo site?
The demo site URL: https://demo.ilovewp.com/?theme=deadline/
When you first activate Deadline, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format. If you’d like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do that by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options.
How to upload a custom logo?
You can upload your custom logo by going to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity. To hide the site title and tagline (description) go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Header.
How to Add Menus to your Website
We have an in-depth video tutorial on creating and using navigation menus in WordPress.
The footer area is divided into two sections:
* Footer branding displays the site logo. This section can be hidden via Customize > Theme Options > Footer.
* Footer menu, managed under Appearance > Menus.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
1. The main column width is 720, except in the full-width layout where it’s 1100.
2. A widget in the sidebar is 300.
4. The featured image on the front page and on pages works best with images at least 800 wide.
5. Featured Images for posts should be at least 340 wide.
6. The Site Logo can be of any size.
= 16 May 2016 =
* Initial 1.0.0 WordPress.org Build
= 20 May 2016 =
* 1.0.2 Minor adjustments and removal of unused code
= 5 October 2016 =
* 1.0.3 Adjustments for current version of WordPress (4.6.1)
= 1 November 2016 =
* 1.0.4 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 1 November 2016 =
* 1.0.5 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 2 November 2016 =
* 1.0.6 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 13 November 2016 =
* 1.0.7 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 5 December 2016 =
* 1.0.8 Added 4 more color styles for the titles (in Customizer)
= 12 December 2016 =
* 1.2.0 Added support for the native Custom Logo feature of WordPress
* Added an option in Customizer > Theme Options to display/hide the website title + tagline.
* Replaced the Responsive Menu with a more accessible one.
* Fixed Jetpack activation notice not being dismissed.
= 14 December 2016 =
* 1.2.1 Fixed the issue with logo not appearing (when Jetpack was activated).
= 15 December 2016 =
* 1.2.2 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
* Added a theme review class
= 23 December 2016 =
* 2.0 Added 4 widgetized columns in the footer.
* Some code clean-up and improvements.
= 28 December 2016 =
* 2.0.1 Removed an unused customizer function.