Faith is a modern, responsive WordPress theme with a solid, classic two column layout. This theme is perfect for churches, organizations, non-profits, corporate and other websites that need an intuitive and professional look. Up to 10 pages can be featured on the homepage, 5 in the slideshow and 5 below it.
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How to setup the front page like the demo site?
The demo site URL: https://demo.ilovewp.com/?theme=faith
When you first activate Faith, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format. If you’d like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do that by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options.
In Settings > Reading you must set WordPress to display a static page as the homepage, and a static page as your Blog Posts page.
These are the widgets used in the live demo, if you’re looking to replicate the same structure:
How to Add Menus to your Website
We have an in-depth video tutorial on creating and using navigation menus in WordPress.
The footer area contains 5 widgetized columns of equal width.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
1. The main column width is 680.
2. In full-width layout the content width is 980.
3. A widget in the sidebar is 250.
4. The featured image on the front page and on pages works best with images at least 1600 wide.
5. Featured Images for posts should be at least 240 wide.
6. The footer widget columns are of equal width: 200.
= 3 February 2017 =
* Initial 1.0.0 theme release.
= 22 March 2017 =
* Initial 1.0.0 WordPress.org Theme Repository submission.
= 11 April 2017 =
* 1.0.1 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 25 April 2017 =
* 1.0.2 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 26 April 2017 =
* 1.0.3 Adjustments for WordPress.org Theme Repository
= 5 May 2017 =
* 1.0.4 Minor code adjustments.
= 6 June 2017 =
* 1.0.5 Minor code adjustments.
= 6 June 2017 =
* 1.0.6 Slug error fix from 1.0.5
= 9 May 2018 =
* 1.0.7 Bug fix
= 23 August 2018 =
* Theme update and styling corrections for multiple plugins and custom content.
* If pages don’t have any widgets in the main sidebar, the page will automatically be centered (will remain same width).
= 15 September 2018 =
* 1.0.9 changed the Theme Info page
= 1 September 2020 =
* 1.1.0 Code adjustments and fixes for WordPress 5.5 compatibility.
Added new options to the Theme Settings panel in the Customizer.
= 11 September 2020 =
* 1.1.1 Added a more visible admin notice offering the user access to the theme’s documentation page.
Minor code cleanup.
= 16 September 2020 =
* 1.1.2 Bugfix: Fixed appearance of Featured Pages on mobile devices.
= 16 October 2020 =
* 1.1.3 Bugfix: Fixed appearance of large custom logos.
Changed the photo in screenshot.png.
Reduced required PHP version from 7.0 to 5.6.