Monograph is a modern blog/magazine theme that displays posts in a 2-columns grid. The Front Page provides the ability to highlight (feature) your most important posts as well as feature up to 5 different post categories.
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How to setup the front page like the demo site
When you first activate Monograph, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format. If you’d like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do that by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options.
In Settings > Reading you must set WordPress to display “Your Latest Posts”, not a static page.
These are the widgets used in the live demo, if you’re looking to replicate the same structure:
How to Add Menus to your Website
We have an in-depth video tutorial on creating and using navigation menus in WordPress.
The footer area contains 4 widgetized columns of equal width.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is 800.
- In full-width layout the content width is 1100.
- A widget in the sidebar is 300.
- The featured image on the front page and on pages works best with images at least 380 wide.
- Featured Images for posts should be at least 380 wide.
- The footer widget columns are of equal width: 275.