NewsToday is a free magazine-style WordPress theme for news websites, sports websites and blogs.
Main theme features
- A special Featured Posts area on the homepage lets you highlight 4 of your main posts (from a category or marked by a tag).
- Eight (8) built-in color styles that can be switched with a single click.
- The sidebar can be displayed on the left or right side.
- Special widgetized areas for advertising: in the header, sidebar and under the featured posts.
- Includes a Full Width custom page template and a Page Builder page template (for Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, Visual Composer, etc.).
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How to setup the front page like the demo site
When you first activate NewsToday, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format. If you would like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do that by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings.
In Settings > Reading you must set WordPress to display “Your Latest Posts”, not a static page.
These are the widgets used in the live demo, if you’re looking to replicate the same structure:
The footer area contains 3 widgetized columns of equal width.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is 740.
- In full-width layout the content width is 1100.
- A widget in the sidebar is 300.
- Featured Images for posts should be at least 360 wide.
- The footer widget columns are of equal width: 340.