Playlist is an intuitive theme with focus on content and readability. The Front Page provides the ability to highlight your main posts as well as feature up to 5 different post categories.
== Installation ==
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
== Recommended Plugins ==
The functionality of this theme can be extended by installing the following 2 (free) plugins:
1. Meta Box (http://wordpress.org/plugins/meta-box/)
2. WP-PostViews (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-postviews/)
== Meta Box Plugin ==
After installing and activating this plugin, on the Edit Post pages you will notice 1 new custom meta field under the post content.
This field is built into the theme: Video Embed Code.
This field is optional, nothing will happen if you don’t fill it for one (or all) posts.
== WP-PostViews ==
After installing and activating this plugin, go to Dashboard > Settings > PostViews and set up the plugin’s settings.
The theme will automatically display the amount of views a post got. This counter will be displayed only on archive pages: homepage, categories, search, etc.
= How to setup the front page like the demo site? =
The demo site URL: http://demo.ilovewp.com/?theme=playlist
When you first activate Playlist, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format. If you’d like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do that by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options.
= Footer Area =
The footer area contains 4 widgetized columns of equal width.
== Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels) ==
1. The main column width is 780px.
2. In full-width layout the content width is 1100px.
3. A widget in the sidebar is 260px.
4. The featured image on the front page and on pages works best with images at least 780px wide.
5. Featured Images for posts should be at least 260px wide.
6. The footer widget columns are of different width. The first column is 510px wide and the other 3 are 160px wide.
== Changelog ==
= 22 February 2017 =
* Initial theme release