I’ve been providing support to WordPress users since 2010, and one of the most common questions I get is about changing the colors in a theme. It can be a button color, the background color, text color and so on.
So I decided to make a video tutorial for absolute beginners. Don’t worry, this process is very easy to understand and follow. In just a few minutes you will learn how to change colors on your WordPress website.
The only thing that we will be using is the free Google Chrome browser and a sample theme. I chose my free EduPress theme.
This theme provides an easy way to change some of the default colors directly from the Customize page. But what if your theme doesn’t offer such an option?
Watch the video below for a short and straightforward tutorial.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to open the Developer Tools window in Google Chrome.
- How to change the position of the Developer Tools window.
- How to find the correct CSS selectors and properties for a HTML tag.
- How to add custom CSS code to a WordPress website using the Customize page.
- What to do if your Customize changes are not visible to your visitors on the front-end.
I hope you enjoyed this short video tutorial. Please consider liking the video and subscribing to my Youtube channel for more tutorials like this one.